查看: 883|回复: 0

新理念听说教程B4U8答案参考

[复制链接]
发表于 2024-5-3 17:02:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
新理念听说教程

B4U8答案

排版by卓妍

Part I    Listening Comprehension  ( 29 minutes )

Section A

A) She does not like the style.  

B) Her dad dislikes the color.  

C) Her dad has other choices.  

D) She wants to change it for something else.  

Script: Man: Can I help you?

Woman: Yes, please. I bought this shirt for my father's birthday last Saturday and um, well, he says it is not his favorite color. Could I change it for something else?

Question: Why does the woman want to change the shirt?

正确答案: B

A) In the library.  

B) In the museum.  

C) Through the Times Square.  

D) Nearby the museum.  

Script: Woman: Now, about this field trip. Where are we going to go?

Man: Well, I think we can all meet up at the library at 10 o'clock and walk through the Times Square and find a nice spot down near the museum.

Question: What is their destination for the field trip?

正确答案: D

A) The library.  

B) The laboratory.  

C) The sports center.  

D) The lecture hall.  

Script: Woman: How do I go about joining the fitness club?

Man: You need to fill in this form and show me your student card.

Question: Where does this conversation probably take place?

正确答案: C

A) 130 dollars.  

B) 390 dollars.  

C) 319 dollars.  

D) 330 dollars.  

Script: Man: I am afraid I got stopped by the police for speeding today.

Woman: Oh, no, David. You didn't, did you?

Man: Yes, I got a fine of 390 dollars on the spot.

Question: How much did the man pay for his speeding?

A) He didn't know the assignment.  

B) He finished his paper on time.  

C) He didn't do his paper.  

D) He managed to find some books.  

Script: Woman: Did you manage to finish your geography essay?

Man: I couldn't find the books in the library.

Question: What does the man mean?

Questions 6 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.

Script: Woman: How do you like your new job at the Veteran's Hospital?

Man: I like it a lot. It's really rewarding.

Woman: What do you do there exactly?

Man: My job is to help returning vets who have been physically injured adjust to living with their medical disabilities.

Woman: You mean people who have lost their legs or arms?

Man: Yes, some of the soldiers have had one or more limbs removed. But that's only one of the many disabilities we see at the hospital. For instance, this week I'm working with a man who suffered serious hearing loss and a woman who has developed a visual impairment.

Woman: It sounds like a very hard job.

Man: It can be, but it's also inspiring sometimes. I've seen people who are paralyzed overcome their disabilities and lead full and happy lives. With the help of wheelchairs, artificial limbs, seeing-eye dogs, and modified cars, a lot of people with disabilities can learn to be independent. That's part of my job.

Woman: Then you're just the person I need to help my brother.

Man: Is he disabled?

Woman: Yes, he has a serious case of paralysis, caused by extreme laziness. Is there any help for him?

A) His job is to help returning injured soldiers to recover from their wound.  

B) His job is to help the injured veterans to adjust to living with their disabilities.  

C) He is a nurse there.  

D) He is a doctor there.  

Script: What does the man do in the Veteran's Hospital?

A) Because he has seen people with disabilities lead full and happy lives.  

B) Because he has seen people with disabilities recover fast.  

C) Because he thought the job is rewarding.  

D) Because the soldiers like him very much.  

Script: Why does the man think the job is also inspiring?

正确答案: A

A) He is also an injured soldier.  

B) He is disabled.  

C) He is extremely lazy.  

D) He is suffering from depression.  

Script: What is wrong with the woman's brother?

Questions 9 to 11 are based on the conversation you have just heard.

Script: Woman: You look like you're getting ready for battle.

Man: In a way, I am. I'm flying home next week to be with my family over the holidays and you know what holiday travel is like.

Woman: I've flown during peak travel season before, and now, I try to avoid it at all costs.

Man: Well, I can't this year, so I'm arming myself for the experience. I booked my flights back in September and I have my seat assignment. I'll print out my boarding passes before I head for the airport, and I'll keep checking the flight status to make sure the flight is on time.

Woman: I hope you don't have any tight connections.

Man: I change planes in Chicago, but I have two hours in between flights. I'm hoping that'll be enough.

Woman: What's in that huge bag?

Man: Those are my supplies. If I get snowed in or if my flight gets cancelled, I'm ready to spend the night in the airport.

Woman: Wow, you really thought this out. You're ready for the worst case.

Man: Forewarned and forearmed. You won't catch me napping!

A) He is fully packed for a holiday travel.  

B) He is taking everything to move out of the family.  

C) He is going to change his job to another city.  

D) He is going to spend holidays with his family.  

Script: Why does the man look like he is ready for battle?

A) In New York.  

B) In Washington.  

C) In Chicago.  

D) In San Francisco.  

Script: Where does the man plan to change his flights?

A) He carries his supplies in case he will need to change flights.  

B) He carries his supplies in case of snow or cancelled flights.  

C) He carries a lot of gifts for the family members.  

D) He carries his belongings in case of a battle.  

Script: Why does the man have a huge bag with him?

Section B

Direstions:Listen to three short passages. At the end of each passage, you will hear some questions. All the recordings will be played once only. After you hear a question, please choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C) and D).

Passage One

Questions 12 to 14 are based on the passage you have just heard.

Script:         After entering World War II in December 1941, the United States enacted legislation to help direct the civilian economy to military production. At that time, military contracts were typically awarded to manufacturers who submitted the lowest competitive bid. Upon delivery, products were inspected to ensure conformance to requirements.

During this period, quality became a means to safety. Unsafe military equipment was clearly unacceptable, and the armed forces inspected virtually every unit of product to ensure that it was safe for operation. This practice required huge inspection forces and caused problems in recruiting and retaining competent inspection personnel.

To ease the problems without compromising product safety, the armed forces began to utilize sampling inspection to replace unit-by-unit inspection. With the aid of industry consultants, particularly the Bell Laboratories, they adapted sampling tables and published them in a military standard: Mil-Std-105. The tables were incorporated into the military contracts themselves. In addition to creating military standards, the armed forces helped their suppliers improve their quality by sponsoring training courses in Shewhart's statistical quality control (SQC) techniques. While the training led to quality improvements in some organizations, most companies had little motivation to truly integrate the techniques. As long as government contracts paid the bills, organizations' top priority remained meeting production deadlines. Most SQC programs were terminated once the government contracts came to an end.

A) The government decided to abandon their land in Hawaii.  

B) The government decided to direct the civilian economy to mass production.  

C) The government decided to direct the civilian economy to military production.  

D) The government passed a lot of laws to protect their civilians.  

Script: What did the United States do after entering World War II in December 1941?

A) A means to wealth.  

B) A means to health.  

C) A means to home.  

D) A means to safety.  

Script: During the war period, what did quality of products become?

A) Innovation of technologies.  

B) Improvement of standards.  

C) Increased productivity.  

D) Meeting production deadlines.  

Script: What was the priority of organizations as long as government contracts paid the bills?

Passage Two

Questions 15 to 17 are based on the passage you have just heard.

Script:         Russia has launched a series of activities to mark the 65th anniversary of victory over Nazi Germany during World War II. Russian President Dmitry Medvedev attended the unveiling of a new war memorial, the Monument to Hero Cities, in Alexander Garden near the Kremlin. Also attending were visiting leaders from former Soviet republics, along with World War II veterans from Russia and other member states of the Commonwealth of Independent States.

Dmitry Medvedev said, "It was the hardest, the bloodiest and the most difficult war, in which our nations were brought to the very brink of survival. And it is only due to your efforts, due to those people who laid down their lives at the battle fronts of the Great Patriotic War that we all have a future, the possibility to enjoy this spring, to watch how our countries develop, to be friends, to have families and to think about the future. A huge thank-you for everything you have done."

The leaders and veterans laid flowers at the memorial, which honors 13 cities in the former Soviet Union for their heroism and sacrifice while fighting the Nazis during World War II.

A) To mark the founding of the country.  

B) To mark the 65th anniversary of victory over Nazi Germany during World War II.  

C) To celebrate a traditional festival.  

D) To celebrate the establishment of a new government after World War II.  

Script: Why has Russia launched a series of activities recently?

A) The unveiling of a new war memorial.  

B) The national entertainment.  

C) The feast for old soldiers.  

D) The dinner party to honor the veterans.  

Script: What did Russian President Dmitry Medvedev attend?

A) It honors the leaders in the world.  

B) It honors the victory of the Russian Nation.  

C) It honors the 13 cities in the former Soviet Union.  

D) It honors the deceased soldiers.  

Script: What does the memorial honor?

Passage Three

Questions 18 to 20 are based on the passage you have just heard.

Script:         On Tuesday, pirates launched an attack on "Liberty Sunday", which carries food aid for the UN World Food Program, and a crew of 20 Americans. The pirates fired at the ship with rocket-propelled grenades and automatic weapons. But the American crew blockaded themselves in the engine room. Later, the crew escaped and headed to Kenya under US Navy guard.

US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said on Wednesday, the US State Department will work with shippers and insurers to improve their defenses against pirates. It's part of the US's decision to fight against attacks on commercial ships off the Somali coast.

Hillary Rodham Clinton, US Secretary of State, said, "You have to go after the land bases. We have a pretty good idea where the land bases are. And we want to know what the Somali government, what tribal leaders, who perhaps would not like to have the international community bearing down on them, would be willing to do to rid their territory of these pirate bases."

There has been a recent surge in pirate attacks in the region. US President Barack Obama has vowed to take action against the pirates. And five pirates have been killed in French and US hostage rescues. But this hasn't stopped sea-going gangs from seizing four vessels and more than 75 hostages since Sunday's dramatic rescue of the American captain.

In all, Somali pirates have attacked 79 ships this year and successfully hijacked a quarter of them. Currently, they are holding over 280 sailors on 15 ships. And at least 76 of those sailors were captured in the last few days.

A) It sank because of the iceberg.  

B) It was attacked by pirates.  

C) It sailed to send food aids for the UN World Food Programme.  

D) It disappeared mysteriously.  

Script: What happened to the ship Liberty Sunday?

A) Shipper and armies.  

B) The UN.  

C) Military forces in the local areas.  

D) Shippers and insurers.  

Script: Who will the US State Department work with to improve the defenses against pirates?

A) 59 ships.  

B) 69 ships.  

C) 79 ships.  

D) 89 ships.  

Script: How many ships have the Somali pirates attacked this year?

Section C

Directions: In this section, you will hear a passage three times. When the passage is read for the first time, you should listen carefully for its general idea. When the passage is read for the second time, you are required to fill in the blanks with the exact words you have just heard. Finally, when the passage is read for the third time, you should check what you have written.

The military aspect of the United States Civil War has always attracted the most attention from (21)_________________ . The roar of gunfire, the massed movements of uniformed men, the shrill of bugles, and the drama of hand-to-hand combat have (22)_________________ students of warfare for a century.

Behind the lines, however, life was less (23)_________________ . It was the story of back-breaking labor to provide the fighting men with food and arms, of nerve-tingling (24)_________________ about the course of national events, of heartbreak over sons or brothers or husbands lost in battle. If the men on the firing line won the (25)_________________ , the means to those victories were forged on the home front.

Never in the nation's history had Americans worked harder for victory than in the Civil War. Northerners and Southerners alike threw themselves into the task of supplying their (26)_________________ armies.

Both governments made tremendous (27)_________________ upon civilians and, in general, received willing (28)_________________ . By 1863 the Northern war economy was rumbling along in high gear. Everything from steamboats to shovels was needed and produced. Denied Southern cotton, textile mills turned to wool for (29)_________________ and uniforms. Hides by the hundreds of thousands were turned into shoes and harness and saddles; ironworks manufactured weapons, engines and plate. Where private enterprise lagged, the government set up its own factories. Agriculture (30)_________________ , with machinery doing the job of farm workers drawn into the army. In short, everything that a nation needed to fight a modern war was produced in uncounted numbers.

Script:         The military aspect of the United States Civil War has always attracted the most attention from scholars. The roar of gunfire, the massed movements of uniformed men, the shrill of bugles, and the drama of hand-to-hand combat have fascinated students of warfare for a century.

Behind the lines, however, life was less spectacular. It was the story of back-breaking labor to provide the fighting men with food and arms, of nerve-tingling uncertainty about the course of national events, of heartbreak over sons or brothers or husbands lost in battle. If the men on the firing line won the victories, the means to those victories were forged on the home front.

Never in the nation's history had Americans worked harder for victory than in the Civil War. Northerners and Southerners alike threw themselves into the task of supplying their respective armies.

Both governments made tremendous demands upon civilians and, in general, received willing coorperations. By 1863 the Northern war economy was rumbling along in high gear. Everything from steamboats to shovels was needed and produced. Denied Southern cotton, textile mills turned to wool for blankets and uniforms. Hides by the hundreds of thousands were turned into shoes and harness and saddles; ironworks manufactured weapons, engines and plate. Where private enterprise lagged, the government set up its own factories. Agriculture boomed, with machinery doing the job of farm workers drawn into the army. In short, everything that a nation needed to fight a modern war was produced in uncounted numbers.

正确答案: scholars

正确答案: fascinated

正确答案: spectacular

正确答案: uncertainty

正确答案: victories

正确答案: respective

正确答案: demands

正确答案: cooperations

正确答案: blankets

正确答案: boomed

Part II    Oral Tasks  ( 2 minutes )

Section A

Interpret the following Chinese passage into English. You can either interpret it sentence by sentence or give out the main points in your own words. You will have two minutes for preparation and three minutes for interpretation.

31.     美国要对索马里(Somalia)海盗(pirate)所在的基地开战,这项策略已经在一个月前得到了联合国的授权。对恐怖主义(terrorism)的战争似乎从来都不会停止。

Section B

Have you watched any wartime movies? Which one is your favorite? Describe the main story of the movie and give the reasons why you consider it a favorite. You will have two minutes for preparation and three minutes for presentation.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入联盟

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表